The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter weekend and a fun day in Sydney ...

How about 2 birds with one stone ... Easter weekend friends of our joined us at the farm with their 10 year old , which was great cause our grandson Luke is here for the holidays from Brisbane. Very little work got done for a change, except mowing the property and enclosing the doggie deck and bathroom for extra sleeping space. Turned out a very enjoyable weekend I must say. On the way back to Sydney we stopped off and did a spot of strawberry picking, yummm fresh strawberries. The boy's and myself went looking for fat earthworms for bait and I was impressed just how fat the worms were in the veggie patch. We went down to the river around 5pm not quite sunset when the water just came alive with fish. That gave Luke lots of time to learn how to cast his line thanks to Grandpa showing him the ropes. On his best cast he caught the first fish a small bass which was a kiss and release cause it was undersize. I caught a fair sized bass which we kept. in total 3 returned fish will have the chance to grow big. Luke was doing real well, we did have the odd sinker and hook get stuck in a snag and lost them. Today Luke and myself went fishing again at the Nepean River. We bought a packet of prawn bait to try out. And we used a float after Luke lost the second set of hook and sinker. But not to many nibbles at the bait , Except this Eal which was the last thing I wanted to catch. It was a lovely few hour we spent together with a packet of lamingtons and chips and a cold drink.

1 comment:

  1. Rina, I love visiting your part of the world on your posts! The fishing river looks so peaceful and lovely. Picking strawberries too! I have been contemplating planting strawberries at Mom's where I will be moving later this year. Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete