The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Sunday, October 10, 2010

A little on decorating and collecting ...

.


Now that I have finally come out in the open about my Hoarding habits, I might as well tell you that I am a collector of old wares too. (Just look at my old man lol, we have been together for nearly 40 yrs)For a few years I went to an auction house every Monday, Gavin's Auction was where dealers bought their stuff, and I was in the thick of it with my servo(Caltex) uniform bidding with the pros. Gavin used to joke about it, Which bowser are you going to stick that on? he'd say. But there was a plan to all this buying. I wanted to start a Antique Barn one day and I might even still do that too. But you need stock to do that and the right place to have your shop. Bellbrook is very quaint but might not be the right place to have it. Combining it with something else might just work. Maybe a small nursery/coffee shop/gardens/veggieshop. But help will be needed for all that and I would have to employ someone to help me unless I only open 3 days a weekNow what have I collected you could ask ... fine bone china sets, green depression glassware, old rusty metal wares, carpenter's tools, tins and other stuff too. Most are packed away in boxes. At the moment I an interested in kitchenalia. George is very handy with woodwork and could make cutlery trays, bread boards, bird houses and other items. I love restoring bits of furniture too. Maybe now you can see my frustration somedays still being here in Sydney, when I could be doing what I want to. But "Living Simply " comes first I just need to get out of Sydney.The next two years we need to concentrate hard on getting Lavender Hill finished.

I think I need to go back to my goals list. We in for some wild weather again this weekend, so decided to stay home and not head up to the farm as planned.
Until nexttime have a great weekend.
Rina

2 comments:

  1. Your plans sound so nice.
    You'll also have fun opening all those boxes in the future - might have forgotten some of the things you'd put in them ;-)

    ReplyDelete