The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pumpkin Swiss roll ... borrowed recipe

OMG this looks so good, It's not mine, I found it on a blog somewhere and had to copy it for a later date. Credits would be nice but I forgot where I got it from, so if it's you's, let me know I will add it to the post, thank you. Going to give it a try on the weekend. I have to use up the 4 Jap pumpkins I got left from experimenting dehydrating pumpkin, going with butternut instead.
Ingredients:

Cake:

3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour

1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder

1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda

1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves – I used ground Ginger

1/4 teaspoon Salt

3 large Eggs

1 cup Sugar – I used 3/4 cup

2/3 cup Canned Pumpkin

Filling:

1 package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese, softened – On myfirst attempt the Rancher and I thought there was to much cream cheese frosting for our liking. I decreased the cream cheese to 6 oz.

1 cup Powdered Sugar – I used 3/4 cup

6Tablespoons Butter, softened – I used 4 Tablespoons

1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Walnuts

Additional Powdered Sugar to sprinkle on towel.



Directions:

Preheat oven to 375*

Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.

Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar and set aside.

For Cake:

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking power, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.

Beat eggs and sugar in a large mixer bowl until thick.

Beat in pumpkin.

Stir in flour mixture.

Spread evenly into prepared pan.

Sprinkle with nuts. On my second try I sprinkled the roll with nuts after I frosted it, this is my preference.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.

Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar.

Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.

For Filling:

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla until smooth.

Carefully unroll cake; spread filling evenly.

Roll up again.

Wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

May be frozen for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment