The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Saturday, March 19, 2011

In the Sick Bay ...



It's not going real well here atm, we got another injured patients The terrible twins Rowan and Sally. My grandsons named them, so we have to stick to that. Comparing the two sheep you can see just how sick Sally is, by looking at her stomach. She looks real thin atm.



Rowan joined his sister cause of this injury, ripped open and hammered into a fence by the landlord's ram. Tanya came to his rescue when she went to check on Sally. While she was trying to drag him to safety, the ram was lining her up, missing her by inches. But if I know her she would have just got mad and would have belted him with a stick. As it is she going to shoot him if Fernando doesn't do something soon. Only she's still recovering from a ruptured appendix so did not need to deal with this sort of thing atm.

Got the call at 12am, rushed home, took one look at Rowan , loaded in and off to Camden's livestock department. It a teaching facility for Vets. We take all our animals there. He got a injection to knock him out a little, and proceeded to shave him and clean the wound, a local anesthetic, lucky no muscle damage, put a drain in and stitched him up. I got to watch and learn few thing, like stitching, putting the drain in and just general tiding up of the wound. Atleast I did not pass out!

8 comments:

  1. Hope all the patients get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, the poor thing! It's a good thing Tanya wasn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. I hope they get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rina, that's horrible. I hope the animals get healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing owrse than an aggressive ram, but they make nice sausages! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor girls - they look so poorly - fingers crossed theyre on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poor am=nimals are having a bad run at the moment. You done well at the vets to watch and see how it is done, I think I would have passed out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear of all your troubles. Those rams sure can be brutal. Hopefully they are healing well now. I'd say it is time to pick a few sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete