The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Monday, March 28, 2011

My Goals for 2011 ...

Yeah a little late I know, but having had to work fulltime the last year and a bit, there just was no time to do it all. Atm I planning what I going to do with myself for the next few months cause the "Boss" has given me early retirement, to do anything I had no time for before. So in a month or less I will be a lady of leisure again.

Do you really believe that, No I will still be working only at home, in the veggie patch, raising meat chooks, selling eggs and the normal home duties. Yep no getting away from that one is there!

So what am I planning to do with all this spare time:
Skills ...
Cheese making
Now it all depends on Miss Daisy and The Billy goat up the road, how much cheese making is going to happen here. But Feta cheese is on my list for sure.

Candle making
Candle making found a good supplier for supplies and still working on the bee lady to get raw beeswax from her. Sure hope It is useable!

Soap making
That's maybe a good skill to get, selling soap at markets. or just for pressies.

And finish a few of those UFO'S in my craft baskets
Watch this space ... I'll be back!

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic. Just fyi, when I gave my business to my daughter and gave up teaching I thought I would be able to relax. Wellllll, I'm busier now than I was then. I'm loving every minute of it, though. It's nice to be self-directed busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Lady of leisure isn't quite the right way to describe it!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rina, your goals sound like a lot of fun. I wish I could learn with you! I just lost my job and am looking for some fun classes. Hmmm, maybe...basketmaking? Hoping and dreading to find another job. I'd love to retire early, but this is earlier than planned. Enjoy yourself!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few things to get you started and yes they are good goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't sound like you will be retired at all with all of the things you plan on doing.
    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheesemaking..it sounds lovely, exciting and challenging. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good...but take some time to just sit and smell the roses.Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A life of leisure huh?
    It sure sounds like you have a lot on your list. And it all sounds so interesting.
    Now you do realize that when you learn something you have to share with the rest of us!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that you're going to be more busy with being a lady of leisure than when you worked full time! I made fresh cheese with goats milk. That was good and very easy to make. I also make soap and sell it at a local farmers market in the summer. It's now paying for itself. I just wish I could get more for my eggs. I get 2 dollars (USA) for them, but then there are lots of farm fresh eggs in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete