The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another project in the making ...



Come on take a quess what this is? Yeah your right serviette rings for a spring table setting. Don't they just look so cute. I made ten of them because my diningroom table has 10 very solid shabby chic white chairs, A huge white dresser and a kauri pine table that was once used in a workshop. We restored it, replaced a few boards of the top with flooring boards. Still not wide enough to happily sit 2 chairs on the end but when we restored it there were only 6 chairs. Something else on the to do list.

Back to the spring table setting. I have run out of the dark pink bamboo cotton, but will pop in at Spotlight today and get a few more balls of it. Enough to make square place matts to go under the white square dinner plates I bought for Rose cottage. A runner down the middle of the table could work well too, just to stop hot dishes burning my nice table. Have to use a white table cloth under all that.



Ta Da the headband is finished, decided to only sew on 3 flowers cause it was just so busy with the 5 flowers. What ya think?
The ideas have been flying around here lately but all those UFO's need a doing first.

See ya soon
Rina

5 comments:

  1. they are so cute! I wish I could knit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rina, your work is so awesome!!!! My grown daughters would LOVE to wear headbands like this, we three girls are BIG into our unique headbands. The rings for the table are fun and colorful and it makes me want to have a whimsical tea party!!! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I especially like the flowers for the napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pragtig! Ek is mal oor die pienk blommetjies! Jy hekel baie baie netjies. Miskien sal jy belangstel ... daar is 'n Crochet en Knitting Group op die Internet genaamd Ravelry. Daar is baie gratis patrone en inspirasie. Ek love it!

    ReplyDelete