Now would you believe it but it been raining all morning, a very fine rain but it's raining. The temp has dropped from 42 Yesterday to 20 today. A Bush fire has be burning North West of Sydney distroying sheds and a few homes and killing sheep in it's path. Lucky most of the homes so far were saved. It's 40km+ away from us but you can smell it. This rain has just come in time.
I strongly believe in goal setting for myself and really try to get things done accordingly. But sometime things happen and you just don't have any control over, throwing you world upside down. Then you just need to do the best you can. Here is a list of stuff I would like to do next year.
The first list is for Mulgoa Farm.
1. I decided to sell Nelson and 2 ewes, he has fathered 4 ewes this year so I can't use him to cover them when they get a little older. So a new unrelated ram is needed. Feed is a problem and I need to cut down numbers and recoop some money as well. 2 old ewes will be butchered in Febuary. That only leaves Miss Lashers who could still have a lamb next year. Our 2 baby Rams will have a nice year getting big and fat for slaughter later in the year. That leaves me with 5 ewes and 1 new ram for 2011
2. Breed more Orpingtons for selling to recoop some money, they need to start paying towards their feed. Build another chook house and run where they can free range all day, but it needs to be secure from foxes and the cats, and it needs to be further away from the house cause Harry is very noisy (crowing) Still looking for a nice Pekin rooster for Ginger.
3. Rotary hoe more paddocks and plant grasses and seeds for fodder.
4. Put guttering up on the sheep shed to catch rain (that's if it rains) It seems to rain all around but not in Mulgoa. Set up a few 45 gallon drums to hold the water in.
Now For Lavender Hill at Bellbrook. The list is very different.
1. Need to buy a Gas refridgerator, I just made an offer on one on Ebay, so I might still have one this Christmas.
DONE. George built a platform to accommodate the wheel hub of the caravan and we fitted the fridge on top of it. where it just fitted in nicely. A slap of white paint to freshen up the van inside. Job welldone.
2. Build retaining walls with besser blocks holding soil back next to the pergola and also where the polytank will be. Concrete slab for tank to sit on. Redo the paving under the pergola. connect the tank. (I bought 2 x 4500 ltr polytanks last year and some besser blocks not enough to finish the job)
3. Build more retaining walls with besser block where the chook house will be. (only 3 rows high) I might have a builder lined up for this job.
4. Remove more trees and lantana, cut for firewood and burn rubbish off in winter.
5. Move prickly pears to permanent position. (urgent)
6. Plant fruit trees Lemon, Peaches, Olives, Pecans, and Cherries. I would love a perssimom tree too.
7. Start getting council requirements and application forms in too start building.
8. Get soil test done.
9. Put plans in for a shed, cottage, dam and concrete water tank. Let's not forget the access from the road, now if the road was there in the first place, there would be no need for this one. I better start working overtime to pay for all this stuff.
10. Pour slab for shed and cottage.
11. Put in the concrete tank.
12. Get dam dug.
13. Septic Tank.
This is a long list of things that need to be done. I really don't expect to get everything done but then Rome was not built in one day. So we will just try our best.
Seasons Greeting to all and have a great New Year.