The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Saturday, June 26, 2010

Knitting bedsocks

No your not seeing double, I have posted this post before but decided to repost it. Just for those knitters looking for a wee project while sitting in front of the heater or fire ...

If only I had the spare time to do more craft, but working fulltime has put a spanner in the works. Got to make time ..... yeh right. But I would like to share a few items I have made or am busy making atm. One being a bedsock pattern. My step father of 90 was sporting them on my recent visit overseas, when I saw them I knew I could work out the pattern easily.






Bedsocks: you will need some thickish wool or 2 strands of 8 ply.

A pair of no 5 knitting needles (I like thick socks but you could change needles to suit youself)

wool needle to sew up edges and to tuck away threads. (opps I am not finished yet)



Cast on 70/80/90 stitches for larger size (to test if they going to fit knit 2 rows, fold in half, that should give you the size, just add more stitches if you need)


Knit 10/12 rows of garter stitch
Knit 4 rows stocking stitch
shaping: Row 1. Knit 31 /36 /43sts, knit 2 together, knit 4, knit 2 together, knit 31/36/43 sts.
Row 2 . Knit 30/35/42 sts knit 2 tog knit 4 knit 2 tog knit 30/35/42
Row 3. Knit 29/34/41 sts knit 2 tog knit4 knit 2 tog knit 29/34/41
Row 4. Knit 28/33/40...........
Row 5 Knit 27/32/39 ..........
Until you got 36/42/48 sts left on needle
Knit 1, knit 2tog, wrap yarn around needle, knit 1, knit 2 tog, wrap yarn around needle to the end
Purl next row
Knit 10 rows ribbing
Cast off
Sew edges closed and thread a ribbon or cord through holes.


Happy knitting
Rina

1 comment:

  1. So happy to find your pattern for bed socks. Just what I was looking for. I am enjoying your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete