The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Friday, November 6, 2009

Lets Celebrate ... my 50th post

I can't believe it, My 50th post, never thought it possible to talk so much about our lives and our animals. Normally I am not a very talkative person, yeh I am a Capricorn but I am also an only child. So I talk alot to myself, is that a bad thing?

Anyway seeing I am on this huge diet cause the old knees won't take my weight any longer without damage and "Authuritise" (spelt wrong on purpose)I nearly hit the doctor over the head the first time he dared mention it. Man how could there be no sign of it, no joint pain, nothing and then I hurt a muscle by stepping wrong, Then a xray confirmed it. Now as Dear Daughter put it very nicely, "Your going to need a wheelchair oneday". Well it better be one of those Motorized Scooters with a flag. Have you seen them oldies go ....

So to Celebrate I am going to invite you to try this Tipsy Tart, I love making it and it's easy ... one of Moms favorites.

Mix 1 cup roughly chopped Dates, 1 teaspoon Bicard and 1 cup boiling water in a large bowl.

Cream 2 large Tablespoon butter or marg, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. Add dry ingredients 1 1/4 cup plain flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and pinch of salt. Add this to the dates mixture. stir in 1 cup of walnut and a few glased cherries.

Pour mix into a 9 inch baking dish and bake at 375*f for 15/20 mins. then pour over the following syrup

Bring to the boil the following ingredients, 1 1/4 cup sugar,3/4 cup water, 1 Tablesp
butter. Let it cool a little before adding 1/4 cup cheap Brandy. Pour over Tart while it's still warm, soaking up the syrup. Serve cold with whipped cream.

PS Might add a pic later but I don't have the willpower to make it and then not try some, very sad I know. Might have a cup of coffee with you.

Until nexttime
Rina

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 50th post. And on your decision to lose weight. I need to, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 50th post! And I can relate about what your daughter said. My hearing's been getting harder, and everytime it's mentioned, my nine year old pipes up, 'I hope you don't go completely deaf, Mum!' Yeah, thanks, kid lol

    ReplyDelete