The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Thursday, January 28, 2010

Condensed Milk Cookies



Somewhere I got a little booklet that nestle brought out that contains all those great recipes that they have on the labels. I have a lovely apple pie that uses 2 tablespoons of condensed milk, but then I stuck with the rest of the tin. It keeps well when decanted into a little glass container and sealed, then lives in the fridge until next time.



(Oh my I forgot to post this one before I left for the farm Dec. It was heck tick, please forgive me ... or I could just wait for next christmas ... I think you can make them anytime.)


We have been making these biscuits for years, great as pressies and look very festive with green and red glased cherries.






You will need


250 gr Margarine 3/4 cup sugar


1 tin condensed milk 3 1/2 cups flour


1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 teaspoon salt


Cream marg and sugar, add condensed milk, then dry ingredients. Mix well. Roll into small balls (slightly heaped tablespoon fulls) and place on baking tray. Press lightly with a fork to get the lines. Cut cherries into 1/4 's and press 1/4 on top of the cookie. Bake at 180 for 10 mins or light golden.


Enjoy


Rina

2 comments:

  1. They seem very nice, but you mean condeced milk dried milk powder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johanna, no not dried milk, it in a tin and it thick and very sweet creamy liquid.Mostly made by Nestle.I will post a pic for you.

    ReplyDelete