The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A womans work is never done

This morning I woke with good intentions of cleaning this house, but all it got was a lick and promise. After feeding the animals, the veggie patch looked way more inviting. Once again it never received enough water the last week cause my helpers don't water deeply enough or just forget. If it wasn't for the rain the first 2 weeks while I was gone, the plants would have all died.

So now there's 2 raised beds waiting for seedlings to go in ... a quick crop of greens maybe. I bought some broad beans, carrots ,beetroot, turnips and pasnips for later in the season. But first I think I should add more mushroom compost to the mix. There's a mushroom farm not to far away and they really cheap $2 a bag. and maybe some rooster boaster as well, off to the nursery as well ... still got a voucher somewhere.

See Ya
Rina

No comments:

Post a Comment