The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mining Disaster in NZ ...


The church bells rang 29 times so we knew it was final and the end of the line. Now 29 miners are at heavens gate with coal silt dirty faces asking is it 2 late? When god replies with half a grin no my children come on in. They place their mining lights gently on heavens floor when ......god said "job well done" leave ......your boots at the door. Repost in memory of the 29 miners that died at Pike River Mine.


My candle is lighted, my heart heavy. We held such great hope for recovery and now, we pray for the souls and the families of the 29 miners lost forever, may they rest in peace and the families find strength. God bless you all.

6 comments:

  1. We are all so very sad for them. God Bless them and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I popped over from Kim's as I just thought that poem was beautiful. It was on the news in Canada about them, so sad......

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sad time, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been following this story here in the States,and everyone was hoping for a happy ending...it's so very sad. Bless the miners and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here it is June 14th, 2011 and I am reading some of your old posts and this brought tears to my eyes. Yes, I remember following this on the news, such a heart-ache to have such tragedy. I pray today for the families and friends of those who suffered such immense loss.

    Lana C.
    www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete