The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple. ~Doris Janzen Longacre


The best way to bring a sustainable change in the world around me is by bringing the change in myself



Thursday, November 4, 2010

Look what we got here ...


Mum Ginger been sitting on 1 egg for the last few weeks and finally it hatched. Yesterday she brought it out to meet the rest of the housemates.


The silkies did not seem to mind the chick, but I thought it better to move them to the rabbit hutch, Ginger was a little upset and tried to peck me in defence.



They are now settled in nicely into their new home. Ginger is a buff frizzle, the size of a pigeon. Chick will be a frizzle cross silky.


Must be something interesting to eat there! Very cute.

7 comments:

  1. Awww so cute! They look so soft! What happened to the momma goat and her baby? I hope it is not bad news. Love your posts!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I love ths sounds the mums make to the chicks, all that soft clucking sound as they 'talk' to them. Fingers crossed it's a hen! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just precious!!! I bet little chick will be so pretty. Momma is a beauty for sure and add silkie in--can't wait to see :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous chick and a pretty Mother Hen :D

    ReplyDelete